How To Extract Oils From Plants—Use Rotavaporator
How to extract oils from plants? Distillation is the most common extraction method. Below I will introduce several extraction processes. In the whole extraction process, the equipment we mainly use are rotovap machine
, electric heating constant temperature blast drying oven, low temperature coolant circulating pump and circulating water vacuum pump. The equipment used was purchased from ZZKD Laboratory Equipment Co., Ltd.
1. How to extract oil from peppermint plant?
Peppermint Extract Benefits:
●Deep cleansing of the skin
Peppermint essential oil has the effect of deeply cleansing the skin, especially for those with oily skin, it is very effective in removing oil and preventing toxins from the skin pores.
●Effectively soothes the skin
Acting on the skin, it can effectively calm and soothe the skin. If the skin has some uncomfortable symptoms such as burning, itching, etc., you can use peppermint essential oil to soothe the skin. Apply peppermint essential oil directly to the uncomfortable area to effectively soothe the skin. .
●Relieves skin pain
If the skin has various damage and pain problems, it can also be cared for by peppermint essential oil. Peppermint essential oil has analgesic effect.
●Effect of skin rejuvenation
Peppermint skin care essential oil has a very good skin rejuvenation effect.
Extraction process of peppermint essential oil:
In the process of the extraction process, the equipment that can be used for the extraction process are: rotavaporator, supercritical extraction, and essential oil extractor. The equipment used was purchased from ZZKD Laboratory Equipment Co., Ltd.
(1) First, we first washed the mint leaves, placed them in a ventilated place for natural air drying for 48 hours, and then put them into an electric heating constant temperature blast drying oven for 24 hours at 25°C. drying work.
(2) When the time is up, we take out the dried celery leaves and cut them with scissors. After soaking, they can be put into the rotavaporator for experiments.
(3) According to the orthogonal experiment method, we take the solid-liquid ratio, soaking time and distillation time as three elements, and then set three horizontal points from each element to conduct the experiment, and finally get the best conditions for the extraction of celery mint essential oil: The ratio of material to liquid is 1-8, the soaking time is 0.5h, and the distillation time is 3h.
2. How to extract oil from rosemary plant?
Rosemary Vanilla Extract Benefits:
●Efficient anti-oxidation, stabilizing oil and inhibiting rancidity.
Rosemary extract can significantly inhibit the oxidation of corn oil, and its antioxidant effect is significantly better than vitamin E, BHA and BHT.
●With heat-resistant stability, suitable for high temperature food
The natural antioxidant of rosemary has good thermal stability, so it has strong applicability in baked, fried foods and other foods that require higher temperature processing.
●Both antiseptic and antibacterial effects
Rosemary phenol has obvious bacteriostatic activity against Staphylococcus aureus, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Streptococcus A, Escherichia coli, Shigella shigella, and Shigella solani.
●The effect of color protection is remarkable, effectively maintaining the color of the product
Rosemary oleoresin can effectively protect beta-carotene, and rosmarinic acid can improve the stability of gardenia yellow pigment solution, inhibit oxidative discoloration of the product, and prolong the shelf life of the product.
Rosemary essential oil extraction process:
There are various extraction techniques for rosemary essential oil, and the cdu 1000 distillation
technique was adopted in this experiment. The equipment we need to use is short path distillation, low temperature coolant circulation pump and circulating water vacuum pump. The equipment used was purchased from ZZKD Laboratory Equipment Co., Ltd.
(1) filter the crude rosemary extract to obtain filtrate and filter residue, and reuse the filter residue in the countercurrent extraction process; the filtrate is subjected to falling film evaporation to obtain a concentrated solution with a solid content of 45 to 75%;
(2) The rosemary concentrate is successively dried, cut and pulverized to obtain crude rosemary powder with a moisture content of less than 4%.
The removal of the rosemary extract is not only beneficial to improve the use performance of the crude rosemary powder, but also to reuse and extract the filter residue.
(3) The rosemary slag is extruded and desolubilized, and then dried to obtain a dry material with a moisture content of less than 4%
(4) Continuous countercurrent extraction is performed on the dry material with 80-95% ethanol to obtain a crude extract, which is then desolubilized, impurity-removed and purified to obtain rosemary essential oil.
3. How to extract oil from lavender plant?
Lavender Extract Benefits:
●Decompression and tranquility
Lavender pure dew can balance oil secretion, anti-inflammatory and sterilization, suitable for all kinds of skin, decompress and soothe the mind, soothe sunburn.
Lavender Hydrosol is the most natural moisturizing lotion, it has the effect of calming the skin and is a mild astringent.
●Prevent mosquito bites
It can improve itching in various parts of the body, such as relieving itching on the skin and ensuring that it does not damage the skin and texture; it can effectively prevent mosquito bites
Extraction process of lavender essential oil:
In the entire extraction process, the equipment we need to use is a glass phase reactor
, a low-temperature coolant circulating pump and a circulating water vacuum pump. The equipment used was purchased from ZZKD Laboratory Equipment Co., Ltd.
(1) Crushing: Lavender must be dry when crushed, without grass roots and soil sand.
(2) Hair preparation: Add 300kg of water to a 100l double-layer glass reaction kettle, then add 150kg of lavender in small amounts and multiple times under stirring, and continue to stir for about 5 minutes when it is charcoal.
(3) Distillation: Introduce steam into the 100l double-layer glass reaction kettle, and steam entrained lavender and steam to mix and distill out. After passing through the condenser, it becomes distilled water and flows out together.
(4) Extraction: put 50kg of vegetable oil in the collection extraction tank in advance to obtain 300kg of lavender essential oil distilled water mixture. Stirring and extracting makes lavender oil completely dissolved in vegetable oil, generally stirring for 0.5h.
(5) Separation of oil and water: After stirring and extraction, the oil and water mixture is left to stand, the oil and water are layered, and the water is extracted by siphon method or separated by centrifugal separator, which is the finished product.
All equipment used in the essential oil extraction process in this experiment was purchased from ZZKD Laboratory Equipment Co., Ltd. For more questions about how to extract oils from plants or to order more laboratory equipment, please consult online, ZZKD will serve you sincerely.